Skip to content

How are applications for workers' compensation lodged?

If the insurer is WorkCover, you can lodge your application, a medical certificate from the Regulator and all additional information directly to WorkCover from most doctor surgeries.

Alternatively you can download an application from WorkCover and send by fax or email, or lodge your claim online.

If your employer is a self-insurer you will need to complete the appropriate application form available from the self-insurer.

The Workers’ Compensation Regulator medical certificate issued by the doctor is provided in quadruplicate, with a copy for the employer, the insurer, the medical/dental practitioner and you.

You must provide your employer and the relevant insurer with the copy of the medical certificate.